Monday, February 22, 2010

1st Couponing Experience

Ok so because I'm a complete and udder nerd LOL I have to brag about my shopping trip with my hubby and baby this weekend!  I know this doesn't compare to what the coupon guru's are doing these days but I'm overly stoked!
So 1st we were out shopping when Ry's family called and said hey go to Albertson's they have Dr Pepper for FREE you only have to pay tax on it.  Neither one of us drink Dr Pepper but we thought hey why not let's try it out.  We happened to be out by the Federal Way Albertson's so we went there and yep we got 10  2-liters for only $0.76!  Wow was I stoked I mean really, this is stuff you only read about LOL....
So after this great deal we decided to run home and grab my very unorganized coupon binder and hit the Albertson's in Nampa and see what we could come up with!  I thought Ryan was just going to have a fit but he actually had more fun matching things up than I did lol.  So we ran home grabbed all the uncut coupons and headed to Albertson's while I cut to my hearts content!  Little did I know the lady at the check stand was going to hand me scissors and say those won't fit in my drawer you need to trim them... at least I know now LOL!  We ended up getting $111.40 worth of groceries for only $65.98!  Plus we got 2 Catalin's 1 for $1 off Dannon and 1 for General Mills!  As well as a coupon for Fashion Bug that I'm going to pass on to my Mom!  That's a great savings, in my mind especially for getting everything on our list!

I owe a huge thank you to my cousin for helping me get into this!!!!!!  Can't wait to save more and more!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! lovin the pix!!> i totally forgot about yours and kylas blogs, so i added them to my bookmark with my coupon blogs i check daily..lol. GREAT!!! and im so proud, I can't wait to see more! ITs fun huh.. you get a coupon high off of it!..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha and now i am adding your blogs to my browser, where i don't forget to check certain blogs.. lol

    ReplyDelete